- This class is a strengthening, purifying and rejuvenating fusion of Hatha Vinyasa and Bhakti tradition. Besides the practice of asana we will work with mantras, mudras and other devotional practices to peel the layers and remember who we really are.
(Extreme) yin yoga
- This class combines principles of Chinese Medicine with yoga asana to unwind your physical, mental and emotional bodies. Done mostly on the floor, we dive deep into a few selected postures and into your inner world and you will learn acupressure points for self-care
Flow + yin
- This class begins with a slow flow sequence to follow the breath and build concentration, then we move to the floor for some juicy yin poses to round out the practice and release tension.
- Foundational Flow is a creative, mindful flow designed to bring balance to the body and the mind through holding poses and exploring what each pose has to offer you. When we slow down we relax the nervous system, we focus on our breath, & we become stronger mentally and physically. This class is great for beginners, as well as seasoned practitioners! No yoga experience needed, come as you are!
- This class is medicine for the soul, a slow-build, moderately active all levels flow class, with a focus on heart opening postures. Backbending is known to increase joy and confidence. Leave peaceful and ready to take on your day.
- Kundalini yoga is an ancient technology that offers simple application-based solutions for the pressures of modern times. It is a science that uses mantra, mudra, movement, and prana to clear subconscious programming and develop the neutral mind and its capacity for intelligence, integrity, and creativity.
Lunch vinyasa flow
- This is a great class for athletes and non-athletes alike, runners, rock climbers, and people who need a smile and want to step into a little bit of fire in the middle of a Tuesday. All levels class.
This class is not guided, rather, we are opening the studio space for those who seek somewhere to close eyes and go internal and meditate.You are welcome to use all of our props – bolsters, blankets & blocks. You may also enjoy gentle quiet stretching during this time.
A teacher will be on-site but not guiding this practice, as it’s an “open” time for the inward arts.
Prana vinyasa flow – solar activation
- Enjoy a true-to-roots 75 minute Prana Vinyasa Class in which you will ride the wave from meditation to activating, challenging peak postures. You’ll unwind in a series of cooling-counterposes and ultimately land in a sweaty shavasana. This class is perfect if you’re looking for a weekly healthy challenge, or if you’re feeling called to deepen your understanding of more “complex” asanas (options will be given for all levels).
- This class will likely benefit you if any of the below apply:
You’re looking to slow down and find more stillness in your practice (and mind!).
You’d like to add full-range movement into your morning routine.
You’ve looking for ways to balance effort and ease.
- Join a flow class that encourages using a consistent, luxurious cadence of breath and linking movement to breath in an intelligently sequenced, alignment-based practice.You choose your experience of the practice – we can be accessible and mellow and strong and deep, but we will always aim to be steady, consistent and absolutely un-rushed. Perfect for beginners and for experienced practitioners who want to slow down, drop in and access a deeper experience of familiar asanas by moving slowly and mindfully.
Sunday Community Class
- This class is led by rotating instructors at Sierra Shanti and offers the chance for the community to sample all of our teacher’s different styles. Generally you can anticipate an all levels moderate hatha or flow class. Leave feeling strong, radiant, empowered and grounded. 75 min flow
- T’ai-chi is the ancient Chinese martial art-based wellness movement practice that exercises mind and body into a peaceful, dynamic, and unified whole.
- This class is all about surrender. Easy, slow movements link passive postures we then hold for 2-5 minutes at a time. Come to let go and get comfortable in stillness.This is a great option for those who want to open up areas of limited mobility, balance out an active day, or ease stress and anxiety. Bring your own props from home if you have them – 2 blocks, bolster, and a blanket.